Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Welcome

There seem to be a lot of ultimate blogs around, but none from Adelaide, so I decided to start one. I have no idea whether this will be a regular thing, whether it will be just me or include other people in Adelaide, but I figure if I'm thinking about ultimate, maybe I can get some other people to think about ultimate and maybe provide some feedback.

Adelaide is quite small. I estimate our active ultimate community at about 150 people based on the fact that there are 122 registered in our current mixed league spread across 11 teams. I'm guessing there are some other players who aren't currently playing, but essentially that's it. This small number creates some unique challenges for SA. We really need to focus on recruiting in order to bring our numbers up and create multi-divisional high quality leagues.

I really don't want to say too much about Adelaide though. It's SAFDA's job to progress our sport, and they have a better view of the community than I do.

So, welcome to In Theory..., hopefully it will have some decent content... eventually.

No comments: